Thursday, November 16, 2006

Ireland, It's mine: Part 1

Oct 4, 2006 9:31 PM

Allo All!
What's to say?
Monday I met Jack in London. And what a meeting it was! I woke up at 4:15 to get on the bus to London on Sunday. Little did I know that the buses in Cambridge on a dark and cold early Sunday morning only begin to run at 9. So I had a long walk ahead of me to the train station and my train, which actually turned out to be a bus, station at 6:15. A pleasant enough journey landed me in London. I had ridden the subway system before there but I learned it was much cheaper just to buy a day pass. The underground proved to be very cheap after that!
Walking into the lounge area at the Victoria Astor hostel in London I saw Jack. kicking him nicely I said, "stupid bloody American" and we caught up the rest of the afternoon. We also got to see all the sights London tower and bridge and all, and got to sleep. We woke up in the morning ate breakfast and headed out for what we hoped would be a days journey to Dublin.
24 hours later we arrived in London. The trains were delayed again and again and we were very tired by the time we got there.
Dublin is a nice place with lots of drunk and crazy people. Swear words and waving fists at careening buses were not easy to miss. Later that night, which was Tuesday, we sat down for a pint at the something something Pub. I can't remember the name but it was very famous and probably important.
Our hostel however was less than desirable; with bloody lights in the room from all the flies that met their maker, holes in the floor; laundry hanging out the window to dry and warped and wooded stairs. I definitely felt like I had stepped into the eastern bloc. It was good to get a nights rest though.
Today we arrived in Galway. Our hostel here is heaven. I am completely happy. The people are some warm in Ireland and the land is at least as beautiful. At heart I know I came from here, some time. We're about to head to a ska concert and it should be loads of fun.
Love,
Tad
Today I would like to thank my grand parents, Mike and Vicki. Their travels and world experiences have inspired me to go about the world and see it all. The have always been the best of supporters and grand parents. I love you both very much.

No comments: